Day 1: CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – ABRA MALAGA – SANTA MARIA
On this first day our Inca jungle trail begins with pick-up at your hotel at 7:00 am to head for the Sacred Valley of the Incas, on the way, we can see the beautiful panoramic views of the region. Around 11:00 am we will arrive at Abra Málaga; In this place we will have a short talk from our guides and we will start our great adventure by bicycle, heading to the jungle for approximately 4 hours.
If you do not like the idea of going downhill on a bicycle, you can travel comfortably sitting on our bus behind the group that is cycling. During the adventure, we will pass through small towns, rivers, fields and streams. We will also pass through the archaeological site of Huamanmarca where we will have a brief stop. We will continue on bicycles until we reach the town of Santa Maria around 3 in the afternoon; where we will spend the night in the house of a local family.
- Time: 3 and a half hours by bus to Abra Malaga – 4 to 5 hours downhill by bike.
- Distance by Bicycle: 60km Approximately.
- Maximum height: 4316 masl Open Malaga.
- Minimum height: 1500 meters Santa Maria.
- Climate: Cold at the beginning of the tour and warm at nightfall.
Note: Rafting in Santa Maria is optional; for this service you must add US $ 30 directly to the operator.