Day 1: CUSCO – ABRA MALAGA – SANTA MARIA – SANTA TERESA
On this first day, our Inca Jungle trail begins with pick-up at your hotel at 7:00 a.m., passing by the places of Chinchero, Urubamba and Ollantaytambo. On the way, we can see the beautiful panoramic views typical of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will arrive at Abra Málaga around noon; In this place we will have a short talk from our guides and we will start our great adventure by bicycle, heading to the jungle for approximately 4 hours.
If you do not like the idea of going downhill on a bicycle, you can travel comfortably sitting on our bus behind the group that is cycling. During the adventure, we will pass through small towns, rivers, fields and streams. We will also pass through the archaeological site of Huamanmarca where we will have a brief stop. We will continue on the bicycles until we reach the town of Santa Maria, then we will take our bus to the town of Santa Teresa. Here we can enjoy a splendid bath in the thermal waters of Cocalmayo.
- Time: 3 and a half hours by bus to Abra Malaga – 4 to 5 hours downhill by bike plus 2 hours by bus to Santa Teresa
- Meals: lunch and dinner.
- Distance by Bike: 60km Approx.
- Maximum height: 4316 masl Open Malaga.
- Minimum height: 1500 meters Santa Maria.
- Climate: Cold at the beginning of the tour and warm at nightfall.
Note: Admission to the hot springs of Colcalmayo is optional, you must add US $ 10.