In the face of the Coronavirus pandemic, tourism has been one of the sectors hardest hit by this problem, the national government and local governments have been working on a gradual reactivation of tourism. That is why about last year Machu Picchu was considered one of the safe destinations by “Safe Travels”.
Among one of the new provisions issued are the entry times to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. Below we will see the new entry times to the llacta of Machu Picchu.
From January 1, 2021, the entrance hours to Machu Picchu are: from 6 a.m., 7 a.m., 8 a.m., 9 a.m., 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m., and 2 p.m. that is, every hour a number of 124 visitors will enter between guides, assistants, etc.
These hours are only and exclusively during the state of health emergency in the country.
To enter Machu Picchu it is mandatory to comply with certain prevention measures against Covid-19, such as:
- Temperature measurement.
- Hand and shoe disinfection.
- Distance of one and a half meters inside and outside the archaeological site,
- Use of chinstraps and masks.
- For the tour in Machu Picchu, it is mandatory to enter with a tour guide.
- The maximum stay time of the visitor is 4 hours from the moment of entry.
- Another modification to take into account is that re-entry to the Wonder of the World is not allowed except for reasons of force majeure.
How to buy the ticket to Machu Picchu
There are two ways to purchase entrance tickets. You can do it through its web platform: machupicchu.gob.pe or you can also purchase them in person at the following addresses.
In Cusco: At the Disconcerted Directorate of Culture Cusco Calle Maruri 324, from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, Monday through Sunday.
At Casa Garcilaso: Calle Garcilaso s/n Cusco – Peru.
In Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Pueblo): Avenida Pachacutec s/n.